- There is concert clarinet and saxophone period 2 and jazz band after school today.
- There is an important but short recess meeting for all student Breakfast Program volunteers in 205 at recess today. Please be there!
- There will be robotics practice today and Wednesday from 2:15-3:30pm
- Waterford Hospital Lions Club is sponsoring Beaconsfield Junior High’s public speaking competition this year. The contest is open to students in grades 7-9 this Thursday during the morning session of classes. The winner of the school contest will go on to compete in the “Zone 9 Lions Club Junior Speak out” which will take place this Sunday, May 5th, at 2:30 p.m., Park Place Mount Pearl. Students interested in participating need to register with Mr. MacDonald in room 224.
- Improv practice is cancelled today.
- The Grade 9 students of Beaconsfield Junior High have been invited to attend the annual Youth in Technology Conference on Friday, May 3rd from 9:00am – 1:30pm hosted by the Newfoundland and Labrador Association of Technology Industries (NATI) and the College of the North Atlantic (CNA) at the College of the North Atlantic. This conference promotes advanced technologies as a rewarding career and academic choice. Students will have exposure to a wide range of careers in the technology sector to help them realize the full range of opportunity that exists in today’s job world. Beaconsfield have been allotted 80 spots, so it will be first come first serve for our grade 9 students. If anyone has permission forms can they please pass them to Mr Gregory in the office as soon as possible.
- BJH Saxons hockey team tied 2-2 against Laval last night in their first game of the Frank Roberts Invitational tournament. Goal scorers were Kyle Dicks and Cam Stanford.
Categories: Latest News