- Welcome back today is day 1. We only have about 6 weeks of classes left, so make sure you put your best foot forward for the rest of the year.
- Remember if you are sent out out of class there is an automatic detention associated (at best). Reminder to teachers to buzz the office and let them know who is on their way.
- We’d like to welcome two new teachers, who will be joining us until the end of the year. Ms Adams, who will be replacing Ms Smith and Mr Dunne , who will be replacing Ms Lovell.
- Waterford Hospital Lions Club is sponsoring Beaconsfield Junior High’s public speaking competition this year. The contest is open to students in grades 7-9. The winner of the school contest will go on to compete in the “Zone 9 Lions Club Junior Speak out” which will take place this Sunday, May 5th, at 2:30 p.m., Park Place Mount Pearl. Students interested in participating need to register with Mr. MacDonald in room 224 at recess today and Tuesday.
- Period 2 is concert saxophone and period 4 is choir. After school is an important symphonic rehearsal.
- The Grade 9 students of Beaconsfield Junior High have been invited to attend the annual Youth in Technology Conference on Friday, May 3rd from 9:00am – 1:30pm hosted by the Newfoundland and Labrador Association of Technology Industries (NATI) and the College of the North Atlantic (CNA) at the College of the North Atlantic. This conference promotes advanced technologies as a rewarding career and academic choice. Students will have exposure to a wide range of careers in the technology sector to help them realize the full range of opportunity that exists in today’s job world. Beaconsfield have been allotted 80 spots, so it will be first come first serve for our grade 9 students.
- Can Mr Gregory see all members of the hockey team for a couple of minutes at the beginning of first period in the conference room.
Categories: Latest News