- Tuesday, April 2nd is World Autism Day. We will be participating in the Be Cool For Autism Day by wearing our sunglasses, collecting money and taking and sharing Selfies to share with the NL Autism Society. The theme for the day is It’s Cool to Be Accepting of Everyone! Everyone should bring a looney to wear your sunglasses (or more if you want) to donate to the Autism society.
- Sunday, March 31st is International Transgender Day of Visibility.The BJH GSA will be marking this day on Friday, April 5th with a basket and a bake sale. This day is dedicated to celebrating transgender people and raising awareness of discrimination faced by transgender people world wide.
- On Monday, April 8th, the Waterford Valley GSA will be holding a GSA Potluck from 6:30-9:00PM in their cafeteria with other senior and junior highs. This is to expand the LGBTQ Youth community in the St. John’s area. If you are interested in going, you must sign up with Ms. Lee-Ivany before Thursday. You don’t have to be part of our GSA to attend but you must sign up.
- Reminder to GSA students to get in items for our Transgender Day of Visibility basket.
- A big congratulations goes out to Bella Patey who competed in the provincial gymnastics meet this past week. She had great success, earning 4 silver, including all around. She was also placed on the Newfoundland team to compete at the Atlantics later this year. Way to go Bella!
- Today all symphonic brass have band period 2 and symphonic woodwinds have band period 4. There is choir period 5 and After school there is jazz band.
- Students in 9-2,9-6,9-7 who missed the R&J Act 1 quiz yesterday are to write the quiz today at lunch in 9-224 (Mr. MacDonald’s classroom). Quiz time is 11:25. This should take about 25 minutes.
Categories: Latest News