City of St. John’s is currently recruiting youth for an exciting opportunity. Applicants are invited to apply to serve on the Youth Advisory Committee. The Youth Advisory Committee provides information and advice to the Committee of the Whole on matters related to youth that intersect City policies, programs and services, as referred to it by committees of council, or as initiated by the Committee. See below for further details and please share amongst your students.
We currently seeking applications from Junior High School level.
The Municipal Advisory Committee on Youth provides information and advice to theCouncil on matters related to youth that intersect City policies and programs andservices, as referred to it by committees of council, or as initiated by the Committee.Specifically the committee will:
- Provide the perspective of youth on civic matters that affect their daily lives,i.e. public transportation, recreational programming, affordable housing,parks and open spaces, and volunteer opportunities.
- Provide advice to the City on its policies, services and programs that pertain toyouth.
- Identify gaps/barriers and suggest solutions to the participation of youth in Cityprograms and services.
- Provide a forum for dialogue between youth, youth-related agencies,and the City of St. John’s on matters of collective interest.
- Foster youth engagement in local government and explore issues of diversity,and multi-culturalism as it relates to youth.
Applications are due no later than October 12th, 2018. For further information please contact 576-8630.
Download Application Form: Application – Advisory Committee
Categories: Latest News