This gallery contains 61 photos.
The school bells at BJH will soon be sounding once again, ringing in the 2016-17 school year. Here is some info you need to know as Wednesday, September 7th nears:
- School opens for students on Wednesday, Sept. 7. This is a full day of classes.
- Cafeteria service will NOT be available until Monday, Sept. 12.
- Curriculum Night is slated for Tuesday, September 13 at 7:00PM
- Please note Bell Schedule on our website; key points:
- opening bell for homeroom – 8:05
- dismissal – 2:10
- buses leave parking lot – 2:15
- Download: BJH_bus_routes 2016-17
- School Supplies: subject teachers will outline supplies, but all students are expected to bring pencil & paper/exercise books
- Text Books: will be issued by subject teachers during first days back
Enjoy the last weeks of summer vacation. September is just around the corner.
Please note new, earlier opening and closing times:
- Homeroom (8:05 – 8:15)
- Period 1 (8:17 – 9:15)
- Period 2 (9:17 – 10:15)
- Recess (10:15 – 10:25)
- Period 3 (10:27 – 11:25)
- Lunch (11:25 – 12:10)
- Period 4 (12:12 – 1:10)
- Period 5 (1:12 – 2:10)
- Buses Depart (2:15)
Please review parking lot and drop-off routes at Beaconsfield – we do not want an incident to happen to any of our community members.
- The center lane is reserved for visitor and staff parking only.
- Student drop-off (buses and cars) must go around the parking lot to the right
- Students must be dropped off on the right side of the vehicle where they can safely proceed on to school.
- Buses with lights on and arms out are not to be passed by motorists.
School opens Wednesday, September 7th for students
On Thursday, June 23, buses will be keeping to their usual pickup schedule in the AM.
- 8:15 a.m. – 8:30a.m. Homeroom
- 8:30 a.m. – Move to gym for Awards Assembly
- 8:45 a.m. – Awards Assembly
- 11:00 a.m. – BBQ & Activities
- 11:32 p.m. – Give out report cards and lunch
- 12:30 pm. – Buses leave BJH
Check out Joshua Mack’s winning entry for Arts and Letters. Joshua received $350 for his efforts. Well done, Josh!
31 students from BJH completed the Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Bronze Qualifying hike June 4-5 and June 18-19. They were accompanied by 10 Waterford Valley High students who were completing their practice hike for their Gold and Silver Awards. We were also joined by a student from Fatima Academy and one from Holy Spirit High. The students left from Bauline East on Saturday and were picked up in Admirals Cove on Sunday, hiking a total of 20Km over the two days. Thank you to Mr. Foran, Ms. Genge, and Ms Brooker for offering this opportunity to our students.
Check out photos at: http://bjhbrooker.weebly.com/duke-of-ed.html