This gallery contains 23 photos.
- Term 1 Reports are being sent home today, December 2.
- Parent/Teacher Interviews will take place on Thursday, December 8 from 1:00 – 4:00 PM & 6:00 – 8:00 PM
- We will once again be using OPTIS for parents/guardians to book interviews times, beginning Friday, December 2, from 2:00 PM onwards
- Download: optis-parent-instructions
- OPTIS Scheduler https://secure.parentinterviews.com/beaconsfield
Congratulation to all students who participated in this year’s Skills Canada Intermediate Challenge on November 26. Special congratulations to the following students for taking a spot on the podium:
- Rory Murphy – 1st Place Job Interview
- Shane Murphy – 2nd Place Wind Turbine
- Rielly Puddester – 2nd Place Graphic Design
- Isabella Mullins & Krista Sellars – 2nd Place 2D Animation
- Emma McIsaac – 2nd Place Prepared Interview
- Grace Walsh & Laura Dibbon – 3rd Place The Pitch
As Christmas quickly approaches many of you have probably forgotten to order your child’s school portraits. Some of you may have misplaced your proof sheet or just thought that maybe it is too late to order. It is not too late and you do not need your proof sheet.
Please call 1-800-473-5090 and one of our professional sales team members will help you with the ordering process. All orders received by December 7th will be delivered in time for Christmas.
If you have your proof sheets just go to MYLIFETOUCH.CA to order your portraits and take advantage of our wide variety of background selections.
Thank you and Merry Christmas from Lifetouch!
Download Official Letter: lifetouch_christmas
Good Day Parents and Guardians:
The School Board Trustee Election occurs on Tuesday November 22, 2016. We encourage all parents and guardians to exercise their right to vote and play a part in establishing the new board. Candidates for your Zone can be found on the School Board Elections NL website www.schoolboardelectionsnl.ca including some biographies provided by candidates.
The polls are open from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm on election day this coming Tuesday and your polling station location can be found posted in the schools in your zone, on the election website mentioned above and also through the NLESD website (www.nlesd.ca).
With the first Reporting period just weeks around the corner, please check with your child/teacher/Power school to ensure there are no missing assignments or other pieces of evaluation. The absolute last choice we want to make is to assign a “Zero” for a piece of evaluation. Students are encouraged to communicate with their teachers to make arrangements to have late assignments submitted in a timely fashion so teachers are able to correct them and enter the grades in Power school.
Students would need to submit all late work by Monday, November 21st giving teachers ample time to correct and submit marks on Monday, November 28th .
For your planning purposes:
- Friday, November 25th Term 1 ends
- Monday, November 28th Term 2 begins
- Friday, December 2nd Term 1 Report cards released to students.
- Thursday, December 8th Parent-teacher interviews (1- 4) & (6 – 8)PM. Students in session for am only.
- Friday, December 9th Teacher PD Session. No classes for students
- Thursday, December 15th Xmas Concert 7:00 – 8:15 pm
- Wednesday, December 21st Last day of school before Xmas holidays
- Tuesday, January 3rd, 2017 School reopens for staff and students