Due to today’s weather, schools in the St. John’s Metro Region will be closed for the day (February 9)
- February 10: STRIVE presentations by RNC) – Grade 8
- February 15-16: Drugs & Alcohol – Grade 9
- February 18: School Council
- February 24: Pink Shirt Day
- February 25: Parent Cabaret meeting
- March 3: Operation “Butt Out” – Grade 7
- March 10: Cultural Experience Night
- March 18: Term 2 Reports Released
- March 21-24: Spirit Week
- March 24: Last day before Easter break
- April 4: Return from Easter break
- April 22: School Cabaret
- June 2: Grade 9 School Leaving Celebration
- June 15/16/17: Final Exams
Even though any day is a great day to talk with young people about finances and money, Canadian Federation for Economic Education (CFEE) has set the third Wednesday of April as a day to “get conversations started” and bring attention to the importance of talking with our kids about money – starting at a young age. Last year over 2500 schools participated in this event. This year we are hoping to have more youth engaged in this important conversation.
The Beaconsfield Girl’s Grade 7 basketball team took gold last weekend at the Leary’s Brook Invitational. Emma Mullet was the tournament MVP. Go Saxons!
Education Week has always been about celebrating education and the importance of learning. This year’s theme is “Teachers Change Lives Every Day” with five sub-theme words for the week:
Visit: http://teacherschangelives.ca/ to learn how teachers are changing lives every day.